HE BENEDICT XVI INSTITUTE seeks a skilled, entrepreneurial, creative, energetic and faithful Catholic with managerial experience to organize and lead the Institute. The Executive Director of the Liturgical Institute is responsible for developing education and formation programs in sacred music and divine worship for musicians, cantors, music directors, lectors and ministers of Holy Communion. The Executive Director collaborates with the Archbishop and Board of Directors and provides leadership to promote excellence in the liturgical life of the Roman Catholic Church.
The Director is the liaison with—and resource for—local churches and beyond the Archdiocese. The Director is responsible for marshaling resources throughout the Archdiocese to develop a program of formation and instruction that promotes excellence in sacred music and worship, while fostering greater reverence in liturgical celebrations. The ideal candidate has training in liturgy, theology, or sacred music with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a diocese or parish. This person should possess a strong knowledge of—and commitment to—the Church liturgical norms and the Church’s documents on liturgy as well as a familiarity with sacred music.
• Serves as the chief operating officer of the Corporation, and so implements the strategic direction as outlined by the Board of Directors through leading and managing the day-to-day activities of the organization
• Develops programs that are attractive to parishes in the Archdiocese and which can be readily adapted by other parishes outside the Archdiocese
• Provides structures through which diocesan liturgy personnel may contribute responsibly and effectively in articulating the voice of clergy, religious, and laity in the development of liturgy
• Implements liturgical directives issued by the Holy See and adapted to local circumstances as directed by the Board of Directors
• Sees to the development, implementation, and accomplishment of the organizational goals and plans as approved by the Board of Directors
• Monitors and evaluates all business activities and reports progress to the Board of Directors
• Exercises leadership to staff in the development and implementation of short and long term plans, policies and other activities
• Oversees accounting functions and processes
Qualified applicants should send résumé, cover letter, and references to:
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER :
The Benedict XVI Institute in the Archdiocese of San Francisco will educate Church musicians about sacred music and train lay ministers for their role. The Benedict XVI Institute is based at St. Patrick’s Seminary in Menlo Park, Ca.
Archdiocese of San Francisco
Patrick Schmidt, Associate Director of Human Resources.
1 Peter Yorke Way
San Francisco, Ca 94109
* * Read more HERE.
We hope you enjoyed this guest article by John Horton.