Additional Psalm Verses for the Communion antiphons:
* * [40 pages] • PSALMS FOR COMMUNION (Solesmes, 1957)
* * [232 pages] • VERSUS PSALMORUM ET CANTICORUM (Solesmes, 1962)
* * [307 pages] • Richard Rice «COMMUNIO» (CMAA, 2008)
Notice that “Versus Psalmorum” (1962) also contains extra verses for the introit!
Simple Settings for the Gradual, Tract, and Alleluia verse:
* * [257 pages] • CHANTS ABRÉGÉS (Solesmes, 1930)
* * [290 pages] • CHANTS ABRÉGÉS (Solesmes, 1955)
* * [111 pages] • LIBER BREVIOR EXCERPT (Solesmes, 1954)
The Church Music Association of America has also posted a fabulous resource (“Simplified Graduale”) by Richard Rice in booklet form and also in portrait.
Extra Verses for the Offertory chants:
* * [186 pages] • FULL VERSES by Carl Ott (1935)
* * [36 pages] • SIMPLE OFFERTORY VERSES (Richard Rice)
As I mentioned in my Symposium speech, those interested in adapting the Gregorian psalm tones for English should first study the above resources to understand Gregorian psalmody. Moreover, they should visit the Lalande Online Library and download all the books called “Psalmi in Notis.”
Most of these files were scanned & posted by the CMAA.
The CMAA new policy (22 April 2015) allows reposting when credit is given.