BE IT KNOWN TO ALL:
(1) We have finished several rounds of proofreading on the St. Jean de Brébeuf Hymnal.
(2) We have involved about seventy (70) awesome and generous people.
(3) There is one final round of proofreading.
(4) If you desire to help with the proofreading, this is the absolute “last call.”
(5) Send an email to the institute at your earliest convenience, and make sure to explain your knowledge of music or hymns or poetry or typesetting, etc. etc.
Speaking of hymns…
My friend, Andrew Motyka, asked me to show the “full version” of this famous hymn:
Do you see how it got chopped in half?
Sometimes people who don’t know much about hymns become irate when they notice something altered from the “original” melody or text. They fail to understand that hymns are constantly modified and refined through the centuries. On this, see the book by Dr. Robert Skeris called “Musicae Sacrae Meletemata” (Divini cultus studium, Volume 3) published in 1990.