OU HAVE ARRIVED at the “miscellaneous” section of the Campion Missal Website. Below, you will find information relating to the First Edition as well as some random facts. This information will probably not be useful to the general public now that the Second Edition has arrived.
IF YOU HAVE ARRIVED HERE BY MISTAKE, please click on the top bar. This will take you to the website for the current (correct) edition.
Instructional Video from the 1st edition:
Artwork from the 1st edition:
The First Edition contained letters by James Ridley.
1. The beautiful, digitally-enhanced Line Art in the Campion Missal is being uploaded and given away for free! Here is an example. To download all 300+ pieces of artwork, visit: Views from the Choir Loft [url].
2. It was difficult to select the devotional prayers due to the great number available, and we hope the prayers we included by St. Ambrose, St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Bonaventure, St. Ignatius Loyola, and Servant of God Fulton Sheen will suffice.
3. The shipping cost for International books is higher than we would like. Click here to learn more.
4. In the book’s Preface, some historical information regarding vernacular hymns at Low Mass was shared. Some misunderstood, concluding that this indicated an “endorsement” of a certain historical practice. That notion is not accurate. By way of anology, learning about the life of General Robert E. Lee would not constitute an “endorsement” of the Confederacy.
5. We use the elegant, literal translations of Fr. Lasance — completely re-typeset, not scanned!
6. The back cover biography of St. Edmund Campion was composed by Dr. Gerard Kilroy, the world’s leading expert on the life and works of St. Edmund Campion.
7. At a later date, we plan on releasing special “St. Edmund Campion” booklets to supplement the Missal. One will be for Stations of the Cross, another for Traditional Baptisms. Information will be forthcoming.
8. One of the clerics who appears in the Mass pictures is a relative of St. Antoine Daniel [url], a special patron of CCW’s work with the Gregorian Kyriale.
9. What are people saying about this book? You can read some sample comments here [url].
For the first time in history, full color medieval manuscripts from the 9th century and earlier have been placed alongside the Canon of the Mass in the Campion Missal • Complete Latin/English Readings & Propers for all Sundays & Holy Days (1962 Missal) • Complete Ordinaries for Solemn & Low Mass • 100+ Mass photographs taken in beautiful European Churches • All eighteen (18) Gregorian chant Masses from the Kyriale • Rare hymn texts by the English Martyrs set by composer Kevin Allen • Spectacular traditional hymns • 200+ illustrations • Collection of congregational Latin chants • All books are hardcover with beautiful design • 992 pages • Paper is wonderfully opaque • Strong, durable, sewn binding of highest quality • Printed by Sheridan, the world’s leader for excellence in printing
Click here to read what people are saying about the Campion Missal.
Pictures of the first edition: