HEODORE N. MARIER (d. 2001) graduated from Boston College in 1934, and stayed on to become director of the Musical Clubs and a lecturer on music until the Second World War. Also in 1934, he began his work at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Harvard Square, which lasted for 50 years. His musical interest in the Catholic liturgy encompassed the organ, publishing, the schola cantorum, and polyphony, but always remained centered on Gregorian Chant and the active participation of the congregation.
A reader kindly sent us these transcripts from the “Catholic Music Hour” (September 1957):
Without question, the best description of Dr. Theodore Marier is this article on his life written by Very Rev. Robert A. Skeris in 2001.